Thursday 26 May 2016

A day in a life

A Day in a Life
I begin my day wondering as if by prophetic chance my condition would relinquish my well-being. It is four in the morning, an early choice for my Schizophrenia
A task unevenly lit. Distressing, demanding often dark ’til dawn and beyond. I meet my good friends for breakfast in the local cafe. They burgeoning the time
we spend together. Promptly, at ten I go to Core Arts. A creative hub for Artists and Poets with complex and enduring mental health needs. I meet Gary, an luminary
and fellow traveller. I have no set plans for the day other than to survive. I write a letter to Trudy, acclaimed love does not abate even with sleep. I dream of her
in all its florid entirety.
VOICES
 
At lunch time I visit IRIE Mind they serve a nutritious lunch. It is a venue that is not a spoof of reality.  A bad day flicks into a good day the challenge of the day.
Tomorrow seems compelling. To divert from the hallucinations I make flight not fanciful. As a voicehearer I attend a self-help group but not today.
Mindfulness brings me back to the moment. I must say today is a good day despite IDEAS OF REFERENCE. I ponder on existence, it is deep but to who or why?
I should of stayed in bed. It is proof I am sane being here. I intend to go to college to study Sculpture in all its glorious personification.
PARANOIA
 
Fear the brick of the house that falls down when removed. I must not be overstimulated. I respond to measured thinking.
LOVE
Love has no respect. I am thinking of Trudy, the sweetest reminiscence. The trauma of my childhood may never be resolved. Today I’m rested.
I focus and move on.  Is it really November 7th the weather is encouraging. My day is at a close it has been productive and satisfactory.
As I pray. I find there is room for manoeuvre.
 
Karim Harvey


A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home