Thursday 7 April 2016

The King's New Throne

The New King's Throne
by Karim Harvey


Once here. A long time ahead. There was a cautionary tale of an old Witch's
curse and the new King's throne. The King depleted summoned his courtiers
to the Palace.
“Someone bad has placed a wicked curse on me,” he said, “The Queen and the little Princesses are to go on a journey, never to return. They are to travel to Germany and Nigeria. Leave England for good.”
The courtiers could only think it would be a nice holiday. Baffled by the King's anxious state, they asked the Court Jester for one of his jokes. He could only play the fool. This did not make the King happy.

“Go find the old Witch!” said the King to the brigade of soldiers, Get on your horses and ride to the far side of the Kingdom.”
Days passed, weeks and months. “We cannot find the old Witch,” said the returning soldiers.
“Maybe she's under your nose,” The King said. “I am going for a long walk.”
The forest was bare of fruit, the trees tall and windy.

Deep in the forest the King came upon a pot, a big black pot. He had stumbled across the Witch's brew.
“HUBBLE BUBBLE, DOUBLE TROUBLE”
“Are you home, old Witch?” said the King.
“I am here, I have a scary cat with me”.
“Hold Forth old Witch, you have put a curse on my family. I order you to undo the curse.”
“I will said the old Witch but there are three things you have to do.”
“Anything, anything”. Said the King.

1. Take from the rich and give to the poor.

2. Let the little princesses marry for Love

3. I cannot make my mind up what three is.
Oh yes, have a party for everyone in the Kingdom.

The King thought for a moment. The poor have enough to eat.
The little Princesses will marry the suitors of my choosing.
I hate parties The King thought about putting the old Witch in the dungeon.
But she was so old and wrinkled he was a scary cat

If I make the decree will the Queen and little Princesses be safe.
And you will break the curse. I will said the Old Witch
There was celebration in all the Kingdom for the curse had been
lifted.

At the party the King and his subjects ate Couscous, Sauerkraut
and Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding.

I do not believe in Witches but I do believe in Kings. Rev. Martin Luther
King and King Haile Selassie of Ethiopia
The moral of this story is:

Go for a walk to find out who is up
to mischief.



Karim Harvey

May: 2015.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home